Cross-linked polyolefin foams unique combination of mechanical, chemical, and thermal properties make them an ideal replacement for traditional gasket foams such as EPDM rubber, polyurethane and PVC.
Advantages of Softlon® foams:
- Wide density range: (25 to 200kg/m3).
- Wide thickness range: (between 0.8mm & 64mm).
- Flame retardant characteristics to meet FMVSS 302, and UL 94 HF-1 requirements.
- Light weight – up to 84% lighter than PVC foam.
- Wide working temperature (-80°C up to 130°C depending on type).
- Inertness against most chemicals including fuels, oils, brake fluids and cooling liquids.
- Good weathering resistance and ageing behaviour.
- Good cushioning characteristics.
- Fine regular closed cell structure with two process skins.
- Nearly no water absorption, low water vapour transmission.
- Low fogging values.
- Excellent thermoplastic properties, particularly vacuum and press-forming.
- Good thermal and noise insulation properties.
- Odourless and non-toxic.
- Ecologically and chemically neutral.
- Safe disposal by dumping or incineration in the event of recycling not being possible