Thermobreak® Thermal Insulation
Thermobreak® Thermal Insulation
Thermobreak® is a leading flexible thermal insulation material made from physically crosslinked, closed-cell, polyolefin foam, thermally fused to pure reinforced aluminum foil. Thermobreak® is also available with adhesive backing. Thermobreak® Tube insulation is a preformed tube thermal insulation for steel, copper and plastic pipes.
Thermobreak® thermal insulation provides superior energy saving performance. It has a lower thermal conductivity than other flexible closed cell thermal insulation materials and has near zero vapour permeability. Its all-in-one concept enables fast and simple installation, and trouble free operation, in a variety of environments.
Thermobreak®Thermal Insulation and Thermobreak® Tube are manufactured in Australia and Thailand.
Advantages of Thermobreak®
- Optimum Thermal Insulation - Thermobreak® can solve tight clearance issues with its very low thermal conductivity (k = 0.032 W/mK @ 23 Deg C).
- Water Vapour Resistance – Thermobreak®s negligible water vapour permeance (8.19 X10-15 Kg/Pa.s.m) means no additional vapour barriers or coatings are required.
- Safe To Use - Thermobreak® is completely user friendly and does not emit fibres or dust during installation or in service. Thermobreak® is non irritant, odourless, and will not support bacterial growth.
- Easy To Drill & Cut - Thermobreak® contributes to reducing installation time of mechanical services that may be installed afterwards.
- Appearance & Durability - Thermobreak® provides an appearance and performance that remains unchanged for the life of the building without sagging or giving a quilted look.
- Extensive Technical Support – including ThermaCalc™ computer selection program with full analysis of heat flows, technical information bulletins, independent laboratory testing and Certification.
- Fire and Smoke Standards - Extensively tested to various international fire and smoke standards, such as British (BS) , ASTM, Australian (AS), ISO, and UL Standards. Numerous National body approvals (PSB, HKFS, BOMBA, Qatar Civil Defense, Bahrain Civil Defense, Dubai Municipality).
- Green Building Compliant - Certified Green Star product (VOC), Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP), Made without Ozone destroying agents such as CFCs or HCFCs
- Backed by the financial and technical strength of a global company with locally based engineers.
Thermobreak® Thermal Insulation and Thermobreak® Tube applications include:
- Centrepoint Westfield, Sydney
- SSMC Semiconductor Plant, Singapore
- Kingdom Of Sheba, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai
- Sharjah Exhibition Centre, Sharjah UAE
- 6T Project, Abu Dhabi
- Makati Medical Centre, Manila
- Bangalore Intl Airport, India
- Song Da Twin Towers, Hanoi, Vietnam
- GE Research Centre, Qatar Foundation, Doha
- Riffa Views Estate, Bahrain
- The Grand Mosque, Muscat, Oman
- Cyberport, Hong Kong
Thermobreak® Thermal Insulation:
- Thickness: 3 mm to 50 mm (5mm, 10mm, 12mm, 25mm, 50mm Standard)
- Width: 1 m to 1.7m wide (1.0m, 1.2m Standard)
- Lengths: 2m to 50m length (to suit application / thickness dependant)
- Tube Wall: 10mm to 55mm
- Tube ID: 10mm to 273mm, (avail for all common sizes of Copper, Steel & Plastic pipe)
- Length: 2m standard