- Thermobreak® Solar is a high temperature pipe insulation for solar water heating systems, and is made from physically (irradiation) cross-linked closed-cell, polyolefin foam, factory bonded to pure reinforced aluminium foil.
Optimum Technical Performance
- Highly heat resistant internal layer with 160C operating temperature
- Superior UV resistance compared to PVC nitrile elastomeric foams
Outstanding Appearance & Durability
- Designed for long term outdoor exposure to high water temperatures encountered in solar heating
- Provides an aesthetic appearance
- Flexible, tough and reliable performance
Independently Tested and Certified
- Critical insulation performance factors such as thermal conductivity, vapour permeability, as well as fire performance, smoke density and toxicity are tested and certified by independent laboratories. Copies of all the certificates are included in our Technical Information Kit.
Fire and Smoke Standards Approved
- Extensively tested to various international fire and smoke standards, such as British (BS), ASTM, Australian (AS), ISO, and UL Standards.
Health, Safety and the Environment
- Completely user friendly and does not emit fibres or dust during installation or in service.
- Non-irritant, odourless.
- Green Star compliant (VOC), Zero Global Warming Potential (GWP), Made without Ozone destroying agents such as CFCs or HCFCs.
- Manufactured under a certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management system
Easy To Use
- Thermobreak® Solar is supplied un-slit enabling easy slide on application.
Extensive Technical Support
- ThermaCalc™ computer selection program with full analysis of heat flows, technical information bulletins, independent laboratory testing and Certification.
- Backed by the financial and technical strength of a global company with locally based engineers.