- Softlon® is a physically cross linked closed cell polyolefin foam that is lightweight, environmentally friendly, and extremely versatile. The fine, closed-cell product, is available in continuous rolls or sheets, and has two smooth skins making it very easy to fabricate.
- Sekisui released Softlon® in 1965, thus pioneering the development of cross linked polyolefin foam using the unique irradiated cross-linking technology.
- Softlon® has numerous special characteristics that make it an ideal cost effective solution for an unlimited range of applications.
Major characteristics of Softlon® foams include:
- fine quality appearance
- closed cell
- excellent thermal insulation – very low thermal conductivity
- non-toxic and environmentally friendly
- very lightweight
- excellent mechanical properties
- wide temperature resistance – from -80°C up to 120°C
- negligible water absorption
- low water vapour transmission
- excellent chemical resistance
- good weathering resistance
- excellent gauge (thickness) control
- easy to convert eg die-cut, water jet-cut, slit
- vacuum form, press-mould, laminate or weld to almost any shape